Lip and Mouth Enhancement
A Comprehensive Solution
A fresh, youthful look is possible without surgery. Using a variety of FDA-approved dermal fillers, Dr. Mabrie offers a unique approach to lip augmentation in San Francisco that addresses 3 tell-tale signs of aging: thinning lips, wrinkles around the mouth, and deep facial creases. Within a matter of minutes, you can be on your way to a younger, fresher face with instantaneous results that will keep you smiling for months.
Dr. Mabrie combines artistry and science to give you the subtle, yet remarkable, difference you need. His customized treatment plans are tailored to address each patient's individual concerns. Ready to learn more? Request a consultation online or call us at (415) 445-9513 today.
Lip & Mouth Rejuvenation: Your Options
Dr. Mabrie's multi-faceted approach to lip and mouth enhancement allows him to create comprehensive results that look natural, never over-done. Depending on your concerns, you may choose to have one of these procedures performed alone, or you may combine approaches for more complete improvements.
- Enhance Volume: As we age, the lips lose volume and fullness, causing the mouth to appear deflated. Dr. Mabrie accomplishes the look of full, youthful lips with dermal fillers like Restylane® and JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel in San Francisco. Dr. Mabrie is careful to stay within the natural curves of the lip in order to provide the most realistic-looking results for his San Francisco lip augmentation patients.
- Fill in Lines: Wrinkles around the mouth are often caused by smoking, sun exposure, or aging and are also known as "lipstick bleed lines" or "smokers lines." Dermal fillers can be used to smooth and plump the skin around lips for a soft, supple enhancement. Dr. Mabrie often uses fillers with a thicker consistency such as RADIESSE® or Perlane® to fill in these deeper creases for more significant enhancements.
- Sculpt Facial Features: As collagen production slows, the skin loses its resilience and begins to sag, resulting in the formation of naso-labial folds (smile lines). These deep facial creases can be reduced by adding JUVÉDERM or another hyaluronic acid filler. For some patients, the addition of BOTOX® Cosmetic in San Francisco can help to provide a lifting effect.
Lip enhancement with Restylane and JUVÉDERM can typically last between 4 - 6 months. RADIESSE and Perlane generally have slightly longer life-spans, lasting about 6 months to a year. Your individual treatment results may vary.
What Can I Expect After Treatment?
Some common injection-related reactions may occur, such as edema, swelling, bruising, pain, itching, discoloration, and tenderness at the injection site. For additional information, read what to expect during and after your treatment.
For a gentler injection procedure, Dr. Mabrie offers the innovative microcannula injection method. These blunt-ended microcannulas cut fewer arteries and veins than needles, resulting in significantly less after-treatment bruising and swelling. The microcannula technique is available upon request.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
During your consultation, Dr. Mabrie can decide with you the appropriate number of treatments, the type of dermal filler(s) to be used, and the correct amount to be injected for maximum results. Typically, 1 syringe is enough to treat and enhance the lips, while 2 or more may be required to reduce facial folds or wrinkles.
Without touch-up injections, your lips will gradually return to their original fullness. Periodic touch-up injections will help you maintain a fresh look for many years.
The Surgeon For You
Dr. David Mabrie offers:
- Double board certification
- Excellent training & experience
- Specialization in the face and neck
- A trainer's skill in injectable filler techniques