Contouring and defining the jawline with filler is one of the most popular procedures on social media right now. Just take a look at #jawlinefiller on Instagram—you’ll find more than 661,000 posts!
While online exposure is giving jawline contouring new momentum, defining the chin and jawline with dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM® has actually been around for some time. It’s a big part of how we help patients at MFI in San Francisco look like the best possible versions of themselves without surgery.
Great jawline definition and contouring frames the face and makes it that much more attractive. Case in point: Margot Robbie, Zac Efron, Matt Bomer, Ariana Grande, and Olivia Culpo all sport strong, well-defined jawlines.
Curious about how jawline enhancement can help bring out your inner celebrity? Here’s what you need to know.
Who’s a Candidate?
The great news: anyone. Both women and men can benefit.
- For men’s jawline filler treatments, the goal is to sculpt a chiseled jawline, focusing on angles and straight lines that augment the naturally masculine bone structure.
- For women, it’s all about gentle curves and subtle to strong contouring and enhancement, similar to what’s often achieved with makeup.
- Men and women 40 years old and up can benefit as well. As we age, we lose bone density and that can cause jowling and loss of facial definition. Jawline contouring can restore this lost definition and diminish the appearance of loose, sagging skin.
How Does Jawline Filler Work?
Our PA Injector or I start by carefully placing dermal fillers, such as JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC®, Restylane® Lyft, or RADIESSE®, along the anterior chin, jawline, and mandible to sculpt and define the angles of the lower face.
It’s important to note this Illumination 360° approach takes 2 appointments to get the best possible results:
- At this first appointment, we’ll set the stage by adding volume and creating your initial improvements.
- About 1 to 2 months later, we’ll see you back for your second “layer.” With all swelling resolved, we can see all the subtle refinements we still need to make. This is where the rock star results take shape, and it’s an essential part of the remarkable jawline filler results we create at MFI.
To elevate your attractiveness even more, we may recommend adding volume to your chin and cheeks to create a more harmonious contour and really highlight the balance between your features.
How much is jawline filler?
At MFI in San Francisco, our jawline definition package is $4,200 with a PA Injector and $5,300 with me, Dr. Mabrie. This includes 4 syringes of filler. To learn more about pricing, please visit our Fees & Financing page.
Does jawline filler hurt?
We use a numbing agent called lidocaine before treatment to keep you comfortable. The fillers themselves also contain lidocaine, which will minimize your discomfort even more.
What’s the difference between BOTOX and dermal fillers for jawline definition?
In an earlier blog post, I discussed how we use neuromodulators such as BOTOX® to slim and refine the lower face. This works by weakening and shrinking the masseter muscles, thus reducing volume in the lower face. While this is a subtractive approach, fillers are an additive approach for sculpting contours.
How long does it take?
Jawline filler procedures typically only take about 30 minutes.
How many syringes for jawline filler?
Our jawline definition package includes 4 syringes of filler, usually injected over your first 2 appointments. At follow-up appointments, you should require significantly less filler to maintain your results.
Kimberly Rolley, PA-C, explains 3 ways to chisel your jawline with filler.
What is the best dermal filler for the jawline?
I find the best dermal fillers for jawline definition are JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC and RADIESSE. We also offer Sculptra®, which stimulates collagen production and can be part of lower face rejuvenation procedures.
How long does jawline filler last?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC and RADIESSE can each last up to 2 years, and Sculptra can last up to 2 years or more. Maintenance touch-ups at 1 year will keep your results looking fresh. Restylane Lyft offers a shorter-term result, lasting up to 6 months with touch-ups every 3 months. Our Making Your Results Last page contains a helpful chart that explains how long you can expect each product to last in different treatment areas.
Ready to learn more about non surgical jawline contouring? Contact us online or call our San Francisco office at (415) 445-9513. Our knowledgeable concierge team is ready to answer any of your questions and schedule your appointment.